- The University of Ottawa has a critical mass of researchers across departments and faculties who are working on the contested subject of “fragile states.” Faculty from various units are addressing issues such as the challenges of justice in war-affected societies like Rwanda; the tensions between statutory and private security in other African states; and the dilemmas facing Canada in Afghanistan, Haiti and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- The Fragile States Research Network, sponsored by CIPS, provides a platform for exchange and collaboration among University of Ottawa researchers, colleagues in other institutions, and policy officials, who are working on issues of state fragility.
- Stephen Baranyi, School of International Development and Global Studies
- Nipa Banerjee, School of International Development and Global Studies
- Ruby Dagher, School of International Development and Global Studies
- Christoph Zürcher, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs